About jennifer eremeeva
Day of the Bureau of Technical Inventory BTI/День инвентаризатора (День работника БТИ): HRH Updates His Dream Home
So, former Moscow mayor Luzhkov told current mayor, Sergei Sobyanin that the streets of Moscow are paved with gold. So, Sobyanin started digging…
Here’s a confession. My daughter Velvet and I are addicted to bad reality TV shows, which is out of character for us both. I’m meant to be the brainy intellectual/witty writer type, and she is supposed to be the outdoorsy/horsey type.
In social networking terms, HRH (my “horrible Russian husband”) is North Korea. So I was surprised to learn that he wanted to learn how to Tweet. Or, as he said, “Tveeter.”
Billionaires, babushki, and Blat…more key words to hashtag when applying for your job as a Bureaucrat in Russia!
When you’ve checked in three large duffle bags full of harmless kitchen essentials such as a vertical chicken roaster…
I’m more of a gin or chardonnay gal, but when a reader asked me about bacon-flavored vodka, I was forced to take another look at Russia’s favorite tipple, roll up my sleeves and experiment with its seemingly endless possibilities!
PIMMS always reminds me of one of the top three most awkward events I’ve ever attended, which, when you’ve lived in Moscow for 17 years is saying a lot.
A synonym for “strange” or “no longer welcome at this particular time in our nation’s history,” or just plain “wrong.”
Jennifer Eremeeva is an American writer, photographer, Russian historian, blogger, and humor and cooking columnist based in Moscow Russia. In addition to Russia Lite, Jennifer is the Creator & Curator of The Moscovore. Read More...
Russia Lite Newsletter
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Russian Interior Design: A Cautionary Tale 15/11/2011
- My Charter: Relevant for Your Monastery? 13/10/2010
- Russian Dolls…A New All-Time Low!! 28/08/2011
- Why I Hate Dachas, and You Should Too! 02/05/2010
- The “F” Words: More from the Expat Lexicon 02/06/2011
- Day of the Bureau of Technical Inventory BTI/День инвентаризатора (День работника БТИ): HRH Updates His Dream Home 21/05/2013
- The Domestic Goddess of the Green Line 14/03/2013
- Snow Tires for the Four Horseman of the Apocalypse 19/12/2012
- Mascot Mitt 20/11/2012
- Russia’s Undecided Voters or Banging the Drum in Ostozhenka 29/10/2012
- Liz Lemon: I can't believe that the nicest apartment I visit...
- jennifer: Thank you Sashaa! I am so pleased you enjoy it -- ...
- jennifer: It does! It so does!!! One day...when it is all ...
- jennifer: Thank you Moorea! Let's be in touch offline abo...
- Sashaa: Can I just say I LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog !!! Its ...