Moscow is the last place in the world you want to try and diet: it takes twice as long to lose a kilo as it does a pound!
About jennifer eremeeva
You don’t have to go all the way to Siberia, learn to fish, or even work up the courage to deal with a fish eye to make Russia’s oldest soup, ukha!
As excitement over this month’s Royal Wedding reaches fever pitch, it seems appropriate for Russia to seriously consider a strategic return to monarchy.
I remember my first Russian Easter as a frantic hunt, not for eggs and chocolate, but for bake ware.
Since pagan times, Russians and their ancient Slavic forbears have set aside the Spring new moon to celebrate the strength of the grey economy.
Today is April Fool’s Day. All over the world. Here’s how I celebrated it on Dividing My Time.
Jennifer Eremeeva – writer, blogger, columnist, photographer Tags: Russia, Radio, Business, World Linda Mills 27.02.2011, 11:13 On Jennifer Eremeeva’s (pronounced Yeremeyeva) blog titled “Dividing My Time” you will find this self portrai: “Veteran American expatriate, calling Moscow home for the last 17 years, I’m also a photographer, historian, cook, and humor columnist: always trying to find [...]
8th of March was conceived as a day to celebrate equal rights for women. If Clara Zetkin and Rosa Luxumbourg could see what Russians get up to today, they’d be turning in their graves.
Tthis year, I promised myself I would master the art of the elusive Russian pancake in time for Maslenitsa. I rolled up my sleeves. I delved into 19the Century cookbooks. I cornered old women at the farmers’ market. I even contemplated calling my mother-in-law.
Jennifer Eremeeva is an American writer, photographer, Russian historian, blogger, and humor and cooking columnist based in Moscow Russia. In addition to Russia Lite, Jennifer is the Creator & Curator of The Moscovore. Read More...
Russia Lite Newsletter
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Russian Interior Design: A Cautionary Tale 15/11/2011
- My Charter: Relevant for Your Monastery? 13/10/2010
- Russian Dolls…A New All-Time Low!! 28/08/2011
- The “F” Words: More from the Expat Lexicon 02/06/2011
- Why I Hate Dachas, and You Should Too! 02/05/2010
- The Domestic Goddess of the Green Line 14/03/2013
- Snow Tires for the Four Horseman of the Apocalypse 19/12/2012
- Mascot Mitt 20/11/2012
- Russia’s Undecided Voters or Banging the Drum in Ostozhenka 29/10/2012
- Warming Up To Halloween 15/10/2012
- Pink Tights: Very nice post. Love your blog, big fan. Keep it c...
- Karen Percy: I don't really want to start.... because my ranti...
- Ven\'ka: I really did not want this article to end! Wonderf...
- jennifer: Thank you so much for your help in clarifying this...
- Snow Tires for the Four Horseman of the Apocalypse |: [...] awful condition; motorists hadn’t put on t...