Day of the Bureau of Technical Inventory BTI/День инвентаризатора (День работника БТИ): HRH Updates His Dream Home
Russians don’t go in for the notion of climate change, and given recent events, can we blame them?
Democrats like me are still sighing with relief at President Obama’s victory in the most recent election. It was a close run thing – so close that rumor has it Mitt Romney did not even have a concession speech prepared. It’s clear from recent post-election analysis that the Romney camp is still scratching its head [...]
You have to hand it to the Russians – when it comes to holidays, more is more as far as they are concerned.
I lugged a four-kilo pumpkin home from Dorogomilovsky Market and set it on the kitchen counter.
The couple that surfs together stays together, and that is why I make sure that HRH and I start each day with some quality surfing time. Two cups of coffee, two iPads, and two completely separate news streams. While HRH scrolls through RBK and Rambler, I log on to the Huffington Post for some Real [...]
Day of the Oil, Gas, and Fuel Industry Workers/День работников нефтяной, газовой и топливной промышленности: It Just Keeps On Gushing!
Auntie Mame: You left a taxi running in the middle of a Depression? Uncle Beau: Well, Ma’am, I’m in oil. It just keeps gushing, ain’t nothing I can do about it…” ~ Patrick Dennis Today is all about what my classy British friend Posey called “The Oilys,” which God knows sounds better than “The Gassys.”
Jennifer Eremeeva is an American writer, photographer, Russian historian, blogger, and humor and cooking columnist based in Moscow Russia. In addition to Russia Lite, Jennifer is the Creator & Curator of The Moscovore. Read More...
Russia Lite Newsletter
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Russian Interior Design: A Cautionary Tale 15/11/2011
- My Charter: Relevant for Your Monastery? 13/10/2010
- Russian Dolls…A New All-Time Low!! 28/08/2011
- Why I Hate Dachas, and You Should Too! 02/05/2010
- The “F” Words: More from the Expat Lexicon 02/06/2011
- Day of the Bureau of Technical Inventory BTI/День инвентаризатора (День работника БТИ): HRH Updates His Dream Home 21/05/2013
- The Domestic Goddess of the Green Line 14/03/2013
- Snow Tires for the Four Horseman of the Apocalypse 19/12/2012
- Mascot Mitt 20/11/2012
- Russia’s Undecided Voters or Banging the Drum in Ostozhenka 29/10/2012
- Katherine Dovlatov: The one that annoys me is "Sanks God" especially...
- M: hmmm... did you misquote Sarah Palin? http://...
- jennifer eremeeva: The years have taken their toll......
- Liz Lemon: I can't believe that the nicest apartment I visit...
- jennifer: Thank you Sashaa! I am so pleased you enjoy it -- ...