A synonym for “strange” or “no longer welcome at this particular time in our nation’s history,” or just plain “wrong.”
If I could make one definitive contribution to Russian culture (apart, that is, from getting those clueless types with Brezhnev eyebrows who manage National Hotel to understand why they, like the Plaza in New York, can, and should put a portrait of enfant terrible par excellence, Eloise in their lobby) it would be this: the [...]
Jennifer Eremeeva is an American writer, photographer, Russian historian, blogger, and humor and cooking columnist based in Moscow Russia. In addition to Russia Lite, Jennifer is the Creator & Curator of The Moscovore. Read More...
Russia Lite Newsletter
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Russian Interior Design: A Cautionary Tale 15/11/2011
- My Charter: Relevant for Your Monastery? 13/10/2010
- Russian Dolls…A New All-Time Low!! 28/08/2011
- The “F” Words: More from the Expat Lexicon 02/06/2011
- Why I Hate Dachas, and You Should Too! 02/05/2010
- The Domestic Goddess of the Green Line 14/03/2013
- Snow Tires for the Four Horseman of the Apocalypse 19/12/2012
- Mascot Mitt 20/11/2012
- Russia’s Undecided Voters or Banging the Drum in Ostozhenka 29/10/2012
- Warming Up To Halloween 15/10/2012
- Pink Tights: Very nice post. Love your blog, big fan. Keep it c...
- Karen Percy: I don't really want to start.... because my ranti...
- Ven\'ka: I really did not want this article to end! Wonderf...
- jennifer: Thank you so much for your help in clarifying this...
- Snow Tires for the Four Horseman of the Apocalypse |: [...] awful condition; motorists hadn’t put on t...