Herding 78 people through the Hermitage is a very different kettle of fish than spending a leisurely morning on one’s own at the Wallace Collection
The fact of the matter is, and no amount of Chekhov will convince me otherwise: this whole dacha thing is a well-oiled vehicle to keep female indentured servitude alive and well in the early 21st Century.
I hadn’t given the Terror much thought for quite some time. It is not my period for a start (I’m an 1825 – 1918 gal) and of course, it is not remotely amusing.
HRH and Dedushka won’t be emptying anything except a bottle of premium whiskey this week as we women convey our warmest and kindest feelings
Jennifer Eremeeva is an American writer, photographer, Russian historian, blogger, and humor and cooking columnist based in Moscow Russia. In addition to Russia Lite, Jennifer is the Creator & Curator of The Moscovore. Read More...
Russia Lite Newsletter
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Russian Interior Design: A Cautionary Tale 15/11/2011
- My Charter: Relevant for Your Monastery? 13/10/2010
- Russian Dolls…A New All-Time Low!! 28/08/2011
- Why I Hate Dachas, and You Should Too! 02/05/2010
- The “F” Words: More from the Expat Lexicon 02/06/2011
- Day of the Bureau of Technical Inventory BTI/День инвентаризатора (День работника БТИ): HRH Updates His Dream Home 21/05/2013
- The Domestic Goddess of the Green Line 14/03/2013
- Snow Tires for the Four Horseman of the Apocalypse 19/12/2012
- Mascot Mitt 20/11/2012
- Russia’s Undecided Voters or Banging the Drum in Ostozhenka 29/10/2012
- Liz Lemon: I can't believe that the nicest apartment I visit...
- jennifer: Thank you Sashaa! I am so pleased you enjoy it -- ...
- jennifer: It does! It so does!!! One day...when it is all ...
- jennifer: Thank you Moorea! Let's be in touch offline abo...
- Sashaa: Can I just say I LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog !!! Its ...