The world of culinary practitioners is firmly divided into cooks and bakers. I’m a cook. I can confidentially construct omelets, soups or stews without ever even peaking at a cookbook. I become all thumbs, however, when faced with turning flour, butter, eggs and sugar into crust. So it was with a certain […]
My “Handsome Russian husband”, “HRH” is suffering from the previous week’s excesses. He’s had too much bad food to eat, way too much alcohol to drink, not enough exercise, and is burning the candle at both ends at work. He feels awful, he says. “Enough!” he declares on Sunday night as he watches […]
Russian men are not natural cooks: cooking is a bit effeminate, is not associated with world domination, and involves cleaning, multi-tasking and long-range strategic planning. Not madly them.
Jennifer Eremeeva is an American writer, photographer, Russian historian, blogger, and humor and cooking columnist based in Moscow Russia. In addition to Russia Lite, Jennifer is the Creator & Curator of The Moscovore. Read More...
Russia Lite Newsletter
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Russian Interior Design: A Cautionary Tale 15/11/2011
- My Charter: Relevant for Your Monastery? 13/10/2010
- Russian Dolls…A New All-Time Low!! 28/08/2011
- Why I Hate Dachas, and You Should Too! 02/05/2010
- The “F” Words: More from the Expat Lexicon 02/06/2011
- A Tale of Two Torches: The Week in Review 10/10/2013
- Day of the Bureau of Technical Inventory BTI/День инвентаризатора (День работника БТИ): HRH Updates His Dream Home 21/05/2013
- The Domestic Goddess of the Green Line 14/03/2013
- Snow Tires for the Four Horseman of the Apocalypse 19/12/2012
- Mascot Mitt 20/11/2012
- Brenda: Hello, Jennifer! My never-ending doctorate is e...
- Sashaa: omg how stoked I am that your blog is back , yay !...
- jennifer: Hi Brenda! Thank you for this marvelous suggestion...
- jennifer: Now, Brenda, you must tell us what you are writing...
- Brenda: Hello, Jennifer! FYI, Farley Mowat wrote about ...