The world of culinary practitioners is firmly divided into cooks and bakers. I’m a cook. I can confidentially construct omelets, soups or stews without ever even peaking at a cookbook. I become all thumbs, however, when faced with turning flour, butter, eggs and sugar into crust. So it was with a certain […]
My “Handsome Russian husband”, “HRH” is suffering from the previous week’s excesses. He’s had too much bad food to eat, way too much alcohol to drink, not enough exercise, and is burning the candle at both ends at work. He feels awful, he says. “Enough!” he declares on Sunday night as he watches […]
Russian men are not natural cooks: cooking is a bit effeminate, is not associated with world domination, and involves cleaning, multi-tasking and long-range strategic planning. Not madly them.
Jennifer Eremeeva is an American writer, photographer, Russian historian, blogger, and humor and cooking columnist based in Moscow Russia. In addition to Russia Lite, Jennifer is the Creator & Curator of The Moscovore. Read More...
Russia Lite Newsletter
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Russian Interior Design: A Cautionary Tale 15/11/2011
- My Charter: Relevant for Your Monastery? 13/10/2010
- Russian Dolls…A New All-Time Low!! 28/08/2011
- The “F” Words: More from the Expat Lexicon 02/06/2011
- Why I Hate Dachas, and You Should Too! 02/05/2010
- Play the Hand You’re Smelt 10/04/2014
- Charge up your Light Brigades, Chaps! It’s Crimea 2.0! 28/02/2014
- Vladimir Putin’s Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Week 21/02/2014
- Valentine’s Day/День Святого Валентина: Romance: A Primer 13/02/2014
- Test Your Knowledge of Russia — History and Geography 10/01/2014
- jennifer: Thank you Linda! hope your weekend was an enjoyab...
- jennifer: That is a date, my sweet Lorraine! How about lobs...
- jennifer: I would love to know that story, Virginia! And I ...
- Virginia: Hostile aliens? - yes I stayed and fought - eve...
- Virginia: Hostile aliens? Yes - once but was memorable! ...