The couple that surfs together stays together, and that is why I make sure that HRH and I start each day with some quality surfing time. Two cups of coffee, two iPads, and two completely separate news streams. While HRH scrolls through RBK and Rambler, I log on to the Huffington Post for some Real [...]
At the moment, Russia has 14 neighbors, and not all of them are the kind you could pop over and borrow a cup of sugar from.
World War II, or “The Great Patriotic War:” a conflict primarily fought in the Eastern European theater of war: starring the Russians as the Good Guys and featuring the Nazis as the Bad Guys.
The fact of the matter is, and no amount of Chekhov will convince me otherwise: this whole dacha thing is a well-oiled vehicle to keep female indentured servitude alive and well in the early 21st Century.
Jennifer Eremeeva is an American writer, photographer, Russian historian, blogger, and humor and cooking columnist based in Moscow Russia. In addition to Russia Lite, Jennifer is the Creator & Curator of The Moscovore. Read More...
Russia Lite Newsletter
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Russian Interior Design: A Cautionary Tale 15/11/2011
- My Charter: Relevant for Your Monastery? 13/10/2010
- Russian Dolls…A New All-Time Low!! 28/08/2011
- The “F” Words: More from the Expat Lexicon 02/06/2011
- Why I Hate Dachas, and You Should Too! 02/05/2010
- The Domestic Goddess of the Green Line 14/03/2013
- Snow Tires for the Four Horseman of the Apocalypse 19/12/2012
- Mascot Mitt 20/11/2012
- Russia’s Undecided Voters or Banging the Drum in Ostozhenka 29/10/2012
- Warming Up To Halloween 15/10/2012
- Pink Tights: Very nice post. Love your blog, big fan. Keep it c...
- Karen Percy: I don't really want to start.... because my ranti...
- Ven\'ka: I really did not want this article to end! Wonderf...
- jennifer: Thank you so much for your help in clarifying this...
- Snow Tires for the Four Horseman of the Apocalypse |: [...] awful condition; motorists hadn’t put on t...